Saturday, March 3, 2012
Cundhi bodhisattva is an incarnation of the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara himself, to aid even more sentient beings in the samsara. Cundhi is also known as Zhun Ti in Chinese Buddhism, and is considered a Bhagavati(female buddha) in Mahayana. Cundhi is known for her awesome supernatural powers and is the chief of all merits in the lotus court. Her mantra is one of the supreme mantras taught by Sakyamuni Buddha. If anyone chants, all their defilments will cleared, all sickness be healed, suffering be ceased, fortune gained, and long livity. One will also not get into the path of evil and be born in the lower realms. Bad karmas will lessen and life will be protected. Cundhi's mantra is also well known for protection against supernatural forces and eradicating disasters. All benifits are in this mantra if one is able to chant sincerely and without negative thoughts. Here goes her mantra:
Om Nam (mantra for pure dharma world)
Om Hrih ( protection against supernatural forces)
Om Mani Pad me Hum (mantra of chenrezig)
Cale cule cundhi svaha (pronounciatiion: ka lay ku lay kun dhe so ha )
|Amitabha Buddha (Amida Buddha): The Buddha of Infinite Light and Boundless Life. This is a cosmic buddha who presides over the western paradise, the Land of Ultimate Bliss. Amitabha Buddha creates this paradise from his compassion to save all living beings who have faith in him and to bring them to rebirth in his buddha land so that they can continue to practice until they all attain enlightenment. Amitabha Buddha, at the higher, or noumenon (or ultimate) level represents the True Mind, the self nature common to the Buddhas and sentient beings – infinitely bright and everlasting. A trans- historical Buddha who is venerated by all Mahayana schools, particularly the Pure Land School. |
Namo Amitabha Buddha ( 3 times )
Heart Mantra :
Om A Mi De Wa Hrih ( 108 times )
Earth Store Bodhisattva ( Di Zang Wang Pu Sa) is one of the four great bodhisattvas in the world. He saves the hell beings from torture and brings them to the path of bodhi. In Theravada, his counterpart is Phra Malai, a buddhist arahat who is said to have appeared in hell saving hell beings. Many buddhists have put them as the same identity. Earth Store Bodhisattva is also depicted in taoist mythology as a saviour of hell realm. He protects the dharma and beings as well.
Mantra: OM PRANI DANI SOHA/ OM HA HA HA HUM SAMADHI SVAHA
Those who are said to pay Homeage to him and practice buddhism faithfully are said to have these effects:
1. They will be protected by devas and dragons.
2. Their ability to do good will be increased.
3. Opportunities for doing good will increase.
4. They will strive to attain Buddhahood.
5. They will enjoy sufficiency of food and clothing.
6. They will be free from diseases.
7. Floods and fire will not affect them.
8. Robbers will not trouble them.
9. They will be respected and admired by people.
10. Spirits and devas will protect and assist them.
11. Females shall be reborn as males.
12. The females will become daughters of noble and exalted families.
13. They will be reborn with good complexion.
14. They will be reborn in the heavens for many lives.
15. They will be reborn as kings or rulers of countries.
16. They will have wisdom to recollect their past lives.
17. They will be successful in all their aspirations.
18. They will enjoy happy family relationships.
19. Disasters will not affect them.
20. Their bad karma will be removed.
21. Wherever they go, they are safe.
22. They shall always have peaceful dreams.
23. Their deceased relatives shall be free from sufferings.
24. They will be reborn with happiness.
25. They will be praised by divine beings.
26. They will be intelligent and skilful.
27. They will have compassion for others.
28. They will finally attain Buddhahood.
Shakyamuni Buddha or Siddartha Gatuama, is the founder and historical Buddha in Buddhism. All traditions of Buddhism upholds Gautama Buddha as the Enlightened Buddha, a teacher of both gods and men. At the age of 29, Siddartha left his palace as a prince and decided to become an asethic in the forest after seeing four signs in life - Birth, Ageing, Sickness and Death. However, after practicing with many teachers, he decided all were unsatisfactory and realized that Middle Path is the key to enlightenment. He gained enlightenment at the age of 35.
He attained liberation from birth and death, a state called "Nirvana" which many buddhist aims to reach as well.
Key doctrines of Buddhism spoken by Gautama Buddha:
Four Noble Truths
1. There is suffering in life
2. Suffering is caused by greed, hatred and ignorance
3. There is a way to end suffering
4. The way of ending suffering is via following the Eightfold Path.
1. Right intention
2. Right action
3. Right livelihood
4. Right speech
5. Right view
6. Right effort
7. Right mindfulness
8. Right concentration
1. No killing and hurting of oneself and others
2. No stealing
3. No sexual misconduct
4. No lying
5. No intoxciated drinks and drug
Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion. Viewing the written form of the mantra is said to have the same effect -- it is often carved into stones, like the one pictured above, and placed where people can see them.
Spinning the written form of the mantra around in a Mani wheel (or prayer wheel) is also believed to give the same benefit as saying the mantra, and Mani wheels, small hand wheels and large wheels with millions of copies of the mantra inside, are found everywhere in the lands influenced by Tibetan Buddhism
Reading from left to right the syllables are
| || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |