Shakyamuni Buddha or Siddartha Gatuama, is the founder and historical Buddha in Buddhism. All traditions of Buddhism upholds Gautama Buddha as the Enlightened Buddha, a teacher of both gods and men. At the age of 29, Siddartha left his palace as a prince and decided to become an asethic in the forest after seeing four signs in life - Birth, Ageing, Sickness and Death. However, after practicing with many teachers, he decided all were unsatisfactory and realized that Middle Path is the key to enlightenment. He gained enlightenment at the age of 35.
He attained liberation from birth and death, a state called "Nirvana" which many buddhist aims to reach as well.
Key doctrines of Buddhism spoken by Gautama Buddha:
Four Noble Truths
1. There is suffering in life
2. Suffering is caused by greed, hatred and ignorance
3. There is a way to end suffering
4. The way of ending suffering is via following the Eightfold Path.
1. Right intention
2. Right action
3. Right livelihood
4. Right speech
5. Right view
6. Right effort
7. Right mindfulness
8. Right concentration
1. No killing and hurting of oneself and others
2. No stealing
3. No sexual misconduct
4. No lying
5. No intoxciated drinks and drug
Namo Shakyamuni Buddha ( 3 times )